Now Available for Immediate Shipment: When the Forest Ran Red Special Edition
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
- Making 'When the Forest Ran Red' 13-minute
- A Conversation with Paul Kopperman (Braddock
at the Monongahela) 18-minute featurette
- 9 minutes of Deleted Scenes
- Educators' Tips
- George Washington's First War 7-minute
- Future Surprises!
Definitive Documentary about Braddock's Defeat
Production of When the Forest Ran Red wrapped
in the summer of 2001. At
that time, a VHS version of
the film was created for broadcast in the U.S. as well
as educational use. The length was established at 59
minutes for the home version and 56:20 for the broadcast
version. Editing claimed several minutes of finished
In 2003, Paladin began production
of a DVD version of the film that would:
• Restore footage lost in 2001.
• Add quotations from Native American leaders.
• Incorporate new interview
footage with Dr. Paul Kopperman (Braddock at the
Monongahela) and Dr. Stephen Brumwell (Redcoats).
• Weave in new action footage, including Bryan C. Cunning as Washington,
as well as new and bigger battle scenes.
• Add a stirring rendition of British Grenadiers--newly recorded by The Colonial Williamsburg Fifes & Drums--to the soundtrack during the Battle of the Monongahela action sequence, plus other new music in other scenes and sequences.
• Use recent images created
by Robert Griffing, Lee Teter, Ray Forquer, and Andrew Knez, Jr.
The Special Edition When the Forest Ran Red DVD was released on April 30, 2004. It premiered theatrically on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 in Pittsburgh. Order the DVD now by credit card. Send a purchase order for the DVD.
Ray Forquer's Washington at Fort Necessity, released just recently, helps to convey the dispair and squalor of Washington and his men at Fort Necessity. This incredible image is now available through Paladin Communications.
We’re confident that the When the Forest Ran Red Special
Edition DVD will represent
the definitive documentary about the beginning of the French & Indian War and Braddock's Defeat. Thanks
to our new technology and some incredible interviews
and action footage, you won’t believe your eyes.
Editor and creative partner Tom Wilson
inserts interview footage of Paul Kopperman
into the special edition DVD version of When the Forest
Articles About The Film
McKeesport Daily News
Back to Top